Monday, November 12, 2012

Part 7: Reclaiming Stoke: Mini Simmons From Broken Longboard Surfboard

      The board is basically done! So excited! Took it out for a test ride again today after installing the leash plug and traction pad, and putting a logo over the old one. The waves were bigger and choppy, dropped in on a few... it is so loose and fast and loads of fun. I might add a little "nubster" in the middle to give it a little more control. Overall I love it!!! 


 Leash plug from Culprit Surf about to be installed...




After it cured I sanded it down and then added a little more resin around the edges.


Traction pad and leash plug installed!!


Rocker view...


    





Logo I came up with...


Ready for shredding!!!

Length: 5' 4"

Tail width: 17"

Middle width: 21.5" 
Nose width: 16"
Thickness: 2.25"



Stay Stoked!
-James


All this was done using Solarez, check it out at www.Solarez.com

1 comment:

  1. James,

    I love your blog. I just reshaped my old longboard that had a ridiculous amount of delamination into a nice longer size fish. I haven't decided if I am going to do the glasswork myself or have someone do it for me. What was your experience glassing your board with the Solarez?

    ReplyDelete