Thursday, November 8, 2012

Part 4: Reclaiming Stoke: Mini Simmons From Broken Longboard Surfboard

Started getting the fins sanded down and foiled on one side, and came up with a logo that I might use to cover up the old logo on the board. Also got a traction pad in the mail and will be sticking it on soon once I install the leash plug and do the final gloss coat of resin.


The  fins are made of some scrap oak I had leftover from some other project.


The printer ran out of yellow, so the yellow and white stripes were accidental, but I kinda like it.lol


Traction pad should be going about there. Oh and now that all the glassing and shaping is done, I measured it and the dimensions are as follows...
Length: 5' 4"
Tail width: 17"
Middle width: 21.5"
Nose width: 16"
Thickness: 2.25"

Can't wait for this to be done...

Stay stoked!

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment